Home » Financial Aid » Private Student Loans
Print this Page Email to a Friend

Private Student Loans

Students may apply for a private (non-federal) loan. You (and your co-borrower, if applicable) should carefully research the options and apply for the private loan that best suits your needs. You will need to provide any documentation requested by the lender and follow the application procedure that is specific to the loan.

Steps you should take in the loan process are:
1. Complete the current year FAFSA in which you plan to attend.

2. Apply directly to the Lender of your choice. Wallace Community College (WCC) will certify any Educational Private Loan based upon eligibility. For reference only, the lenders listed below in alphabetical order have historically lent to WCC students.

 Sallie Mae 1.866.972.5004 or https://salliemae.com
SallieMae: Scholarship Search
SallieMae: Understanding gap financing options
SallieMae: Explore student loan payment options
 Wells Fargo 1.800.378.5526 or https://wellsfargo.com/student
Student Loan Repayment Calculator
Private Student Loan Repayment

3. If applying for a 2017-2018 (Fall 2017 through Summer 2018) private student loan, and you have received approval notification from the lender, complete a 2017 Loan Request Form and submit to the Financial Aid Office.

NOTE: We will not certify or process a loan until you complete FAFSA (and required documents) and Loan Request Form.

Wallace Community College does not participate in federal direct student loans.  The difference between federal direct student loans and private student loans can be accessed here:  https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources/compare-loans-text.

For more information about private student loans, call Adra Franklin (334) 556-2635 or Robin Sasser (334) 556-2481.